Wednesday, December 27, 2006

List Season ::: Reading Material

I don't finish reading a great many books; oh, I start reading probably a dozen or so books every year, but if I finish even 3 or 4 I'm pleasantly surprised, and this year I finished 6

So here are the books I started this year, with a * denoting something I actually finished or will fiinish by the end of 2006.
Everything here comes with a recommendation:
*The Stranger by Albert Camus
*Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
*The Alchemist by Paolo Coehlo
*After the Quake by Haruki Murakami
*Bartleby the Scrivener by Herman Melville
*The Iraq Study Group Report by The Iraq Study Group
Tender Is The Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Notes From Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Candide - Voltaire
A Personal Matter - Kenzaburo Oe
Just So Stories - Rudyard Kipling
The Sun Also Rises - Ernest Hemingway


I also worked an internship at a film production company, and in the course of my work I read scripts for potential films-to-be. Here is a list of films you could/should see coming to a theater near you:

Autopsy: written by Jace Anderson, Adam Gierasch, and Evan Katz
Convoy: written by Art Marcum & Matt Holloway (currently in development with John Singleton) Writers also wrote Iron Man, slated for a 2008 release starring Robert Downey Jr and 2005 it-guy Terrence Howard.
Shoot 'Em Up: written by Michael Davis (In production, directed by Davis, starring Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti, due out next year)
Born to Kill: written by Richard Dana Smith
The Big Boss: written by Jason Burinescu

No comments: