Monday, December 11, 2006

Another Vacation

Once again, I will take a vacation from writing ye olde blog, though this time, not entirely of my own accord. My computer is out of comission for a while since the power adapter decided to become a raging fire hazard and the Apple website says it takes 3-4 weeks to ship a new one and there is no Apple store in Fresno I'll have to find some way of getting a new one. Also, with the Christmas play at church coming up this weekend, I'll be over there 5 of the next 6 nights in preparation, which would leave me precious little time to write as it is. So, I should be back next Monday.

In the meantime, I would like to recommend you read a little Herman Melville in your spare time. I would recommend against attempting to trudge through the Iraq Study Group Report, though I advocated it earlier in the week for members of the media and punditry (which I stand by for them, if they are going to discuss it). It is a challenge which I suffered through, if for no other reason, to be able to save you the time.

And if you're in the mood to make charitable donations this holiday season, but don't necessarily want to give to the Salvation Army/Red Cross brigade of bell ringers, you might consider Nothing But Nets. A foundation started by Sports Illustrated senior writer/editor Rick Reilly that buys and delivers mosquito-proof bed nets to children in West Africa, where mosquito-borne malaria is the leading cause of death in children in many nations. $10 buys a net, potentially saves a life.

Well, see ya later.

No comments: