Sunday, August 05, 2007

Are You Ready For Some Football!?

Real football, not the Beckham-less MLS masquerading as "football". It's been 6 months since the Colts waxed the Bears in the Super Bowl and it's high time the boys get back out on the gridiron. Granted, we'll suffer through the requisite conversations and arguments about the necessity of a 4-game preseason, but who cares, really, it's football and bad football is always better than post-HGH baseball (except maybe the Yankees, I don't think they could be scoring as many runs as they are right now without doping). Football returns just in time to lift the us out of out of our collective athletic apathy and I'd say the American sports fan has earned it after another miserable summer of sports (other the Iraq-Saudi Arabia classic in the Asia Cup final and another Federer-Nadal classic at Wimbeldon.


Congrats to Michael Irvin, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Matthews, Roger Wehrli, and Gene Hickerson on being inducted into the Hall of Fame this afternoon.
In Hall of Fame Game tonight, I'm picking Mike Tomlin to lead the Steelers to victory in his head coaching debut.

For the 2007-08 regular season, I'm picking the Raiders to win the Super Bowl over the Eagles in a rematch of Super Bowl 15.
Raiders 27 Eagles 10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why, but my comments vanish in the depths of the internet when I try to leave them here.

That said, the Wimbledon final this year was incredible stuff... one of the greatest matches I've ever seen.

Go Cowboys?

Jason McGensy said...

I don't have too high of hopes for the 'boys with Wade Philips running the show. And I hope Tony Romo gets over that catastrophic fumble from the playoffs.

Benjamin said...

I hope so too. He's played well in the Pro-Bowl, for what that's worth.

We'll see...