Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Official Tourney Bracket Picks

Here's how my bracket works out:

Midwest Regional
1st round winners: Florida, Arizona, Butler, Maryland, Notre Dame, Oregon, Georgia Tech, Wisconsin
To the Sweet 16: Arizona, Maryland, Oregon, Georgia Tech
To the Elite 8: Maryland, Oregon
To the Final 4: Maryland

West Regional
1st round winners: Kansas, Kentucky, Virginia Tech, Southern Illinois, Duke, Wright St, Indiana, UCLA
To the Sweet 16: Kansas, Southern Illinois, Duke, UCLA
To The Elite 8: Kansas, UCLA
To The Final 4: UCLA

East Regional
1st round winners: North Carolina, Marquette, USC, Texas, George Washington, Washington State, Texas Tech, Georgetown
To the Sweet 16: North Carolina, Texas, Washington State, Georgetown
To The Elite 8: Texas, Georgetown
To The Final 4: Georgetown

South Regional
1st round winners: Ohio State, BYU, Tennessee, Virginia, Stanford, Texas A&M, Nevada, Memphis
To the Sweet 16: Ohio State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Nevada
To The Elite 8: Tennessee, Texas A&M
To The Final 4: Texas A&M

Final Four
Maryland vs. UCLA
Georgetown vs. Texas A&M

NCAA Championship
UCLA 76 Georgetown 69

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't read your posts in a few days...I'm saddened that you didn't allow Vandy one Tournament victory.

And I just read your post on pi, which reminds me of Ms. Sexton's class. My brother J told me a story once of a kid in his class who, whenever called upon for any reason by Ms. Sexton, would start reciting pi from that banner that ran around her classroom.

Jason McGensy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason McGensy said...

Hahaha, that stupid pi banner. Did you see on 60 minutes the Autistic savant guy who recited pi to something like 10,000 places? That was amazing.

As for Vandy, I would have picked them, but they're playing George Washington who I always pick to win at least 1 game every time they're in. I have no idea why, I'm not a fan, it's just one of those things.

Anonymous said...

hook 'em horns? they've got a big game today.

Jason McGensy said...

...and they blew it. USC got some measure of pay back on your beloved 'horns for that '06 Rose Bowl.
They also lost to P'Dine in tennis last week. Bad week to be a Longhorn athlete against so-cal schools.

Speaking of P'Dine, somehow the baseball team is in the top 10 and Marv & the boys are #1 again.

As for the tourney, I got firebombed on this first weekend, but I'm still alive. I've only got 9 teams in the Sweet 16, but 6 are in my Elite 8, 3 in my Final 4, and both of my title teams are still alive. I think I'm in good shape heading into next weekend.

GUY said...

mmm. i know as much about basketball as i do about women, which is to say nothing. still, after watching georgetown come back and destroy teams i will be rooting for Georgetown to win it all.