Sunday, January 01, 2012

Best of 2011! Movie Edition

I actually wrote reflections on each of the top 10 this year! and Certified Copy at #20 because the piece kinda wrote itself once I started thinking about it again.
I probably won't get around to writing about the others, but they're all really worth seeing.

Top 20 Movies:
1. Hugo
2. Of Gods and Men
3. Melancholia
4. Young Adult
5. The Tree of Life
6. Midnight in Paris
7. Attack the Block
8. The Princess of Montpensier
9. Rango
10. Take Shelter
11. Uncle Boonme Who Can Recall His Past Lives
12. Warrior
13. Cold Weather
14. The Rise of The Planet of the Apes
15. Another Earth
16. Moneyball
17. The Trip
18. Cave of Forgotten Dreams
19. X-Men First Class
20. Certified Copy
The next ten: Meek's Cutoff, The Descendants, A Better Life, Margin Call, Source Code, 50/50, Drive, My Week With Marilyn, The Muppets, Winnie the Pooh
Last and least: I Am Number Four

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I saw 'Another Earth' and I recommend it. Amazing scene with a guy playing a saw - how many movies have that?! You can listen to the music from this scene on the composer's website http://www.scottmunsonmusic.com/news/music-in-film-another-earth-soundtrack

Jason McGensy said...

That was an incredible performance. The movie is quite good too, in really unexpected ways.